Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Life in Republicanville

I recently moved deep deep deeeeeep into the heart of Texas. I've been here less than two days, and craziness has broken out already.  To keep my sanity, I'm blogging the stories for your entertainment.  

This conversation was with a business associate around 10:00 this morning.  The associate, "Lisa," is a middle aged Christian white woman.  

Lisa: I assume u have to know history for ur job. 
Me: some
L: but u have to be careful with that. Think of how they're changing history in our public schools. It's not what our founding fathers wanted. 
Me: πŸ˜‘
L: I guess it depends on your perspective.  
Me: yeah.  ... You should think of Abigail Adams, who famously said to John, "don't forget the ladies!"
L: I didn't know that, but I really don't know much history at all. 
Me: πŸ˜‘πŸ˜’

No comments:

Post a Comment